- Expand and enrich the learning environment.
- Promote educational and training excellence.
- Encourage creative thinking, lifelong learning, social responsibility, community upliftment and Nation building.
To Empower educators and all students in SA to be proficient with technology for better learning, instruction & communication and to contribute to the upliftment of our nation.
Founded in 1983, Futurekids began with a focus on computer literacy for children and teachers around the world, first in learning centers and now in schools. Today, Futurekids is a global leader in helping schools use technology to transform education. With more than 25 years experience, we've been a trusted and valued partner to thousands of schools all around the world and licensed in over 65 countries.
With our holistic approach to integrate ICT into real life situations and into all learning areas of the National Curriculum Statement, our curriculum can claim to be the world’s most advanced computer education system. Its uniqueness and its success lie in its methodology, its alignment to classroom content and its outcomes-based strategy.
Futurekids started in South Africa in 1994. As the world leader in school computer technology training, FUTUREKIDS is able to offer a truly unique product and service to schools/centres – at an affordable price.
Using projects that are linked with language arts, social studies, math and science content, Real Journeys in Technology promotes active student learning for the 21st century classroom. Areas covered include operating environments, databases, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, Internet, multimedia, programming, desktop publishing and applied technology. It also utilizes widely adapted R-12 educational software and productivity tools like Microsoft Office so the lessons learned can be easily applied to other platforms and software uses.
- Ongoing training once a term enables teachers to ask questions firsthand and receive direct, immediate feedback.
- Online assistance at our support centre is only a computer screen away at all times.
- Comprehensive lessons and templates eliminate the need for extensive research.
- Step-by-step directions for instruction totally eliminate the need for hours of preparation.
- Skillspro has professional developed, user-friendly manuals.
- Many screenshots facilitate easy understanding.
- Realistic scenarios and work related case studies promote easy learning.
- Summaries and self assessments at the end of each chapter/ module allow learners to consolidate and reflect on their work.
- Professional Development programme - helps teachers to master our valuable courseware.
Below is a list of ten educational principles, which Futurekids uses in their computer classes.
Although these are focused on the computer classroom, these principles can and probably are, used in all learning environments.
- Make Learning Fun!!
- Let the Learner Learn by Doing.
- Provide Opportunities for Creative Expression.
- Supportive, Emotionally Safe Learning Environment.
- Encourage Co-operative Learning.
- Provide Individualized Instruction.
- Make Learning Relevant.
- Teach to Students’ Individual Learning Styles.
- Implement Authentic Assessment.
- Teach to the “Educable Moment
We Elect to Work with Our Own Kind: Leaders
How do companies that are best at what they do maintain that status? By choosing to work with companies who are best at what they do.
Skillpro partners with best-of-breed industry experts, leveraging their technologies and successes, to provide an enhanced integrated experience for school and district teachers, administrators, students and parents.
The products and services of our partner companies not only complement the array of those offered by Skillspro, but also augment the customized, user-friendly technology solutions that we create for each school or district.